It’s October of 2016! How in the world did that happen? I remember when the year just started and I was in NYC dreaming of all the things I would and could do this year.
Now I feel like 2017 is just around the corner and it’s just… wow. Not to mention, I’m still in London going through life trials and tribulations. Meeting new people who have been encouraging to me when they have no real reason to be (I’m a stranger), hard talks and realities thrown on me by people I’d never suspect (I’m not a stranger) and just running into random experiences and adventures through some unknown will I keep stumbling across. It’s still great. It’s still hard. It’s life.
In one way, time is running out. Well my London time is. I’ve extended my ticket and thought about the big life question that everyone ponders “what’s next?” I have a vague idea. Very foggy and vague I might add, but I’m still going to try for this idea. Part of what’s in that idea is figuring out how to make my European dreams come true. I mean, lots of great Europe things have happened but I believe in always striving for more.
Some amazing things I’ve done as fall set in on me in another country:
- Assit in editing a video for a Walking Dead promo
- Help out on a shoot for Ugg
- Learn more about using software like Premiere and After Effects
- Learn way more about marketing than I intended (Google Adwords, Mailchimp, Tweedtdeck, etc)
- Meet incredible people in the London film and production industry with drive and passion as well as lovely social skills (haha)
- Go to movies in London (simple pleasures)
- Move into my own place and share with girls that are super nice
- Make friends despite having a network or good everyday social setting to find them (it’s hard stuff, believe me)
- Go to a random concert, clubs, bakeries, book store, play
- Travel to some new cities in Europe
- Shop a little and grab some cute pieces (even if it hasn’t been warm enough to wear them)
- Discover things about my self and what I can improve
That’s just a small bit of the list but there are plenty of things, including bad, that have in the end helped me to have a better understanding about what I want. I know that may be a selfish statement and it is, but it’s also not in some ways (learning more about how I want to treat others vs how people treat(ed) me is one way in wish it’s more people friendly).
I’m glad to be here, in London in October. I do admit I wasn’t sure if that would happen but I’ve been making it since June. If only I could find a way to make it last for as long as I chose. I mean, maybe I can and will stumble into that situation but overall I’m just glad… and grateful.
So yeah, that’s just a bit of my thoughts on making it to London and living here. It’s been crazy but I don’t regret even in my weak moments of disappointment and negativity.